Re: Want some basic compare of data type on PostgreSQL and MySQL

From: Jasen Betts <jasen(at)xnet(dot)co(dot)nz>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Want some basic compare of data type on PostgreSQL and MySQL
Date: 2011-09-01 11:22:36
Lists: pgsql-sql

On 2011-09-01, bhavesh1385 <bhavesh(dot)bece(dot)13(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I Want some basic compare of data type on PostgreSQL and MySQL.
>
> [1] How to make Primary Key as a Auto Increment...?

you can't, use the pseudo-type serial (or bigserial) instead
which does something similar, but subtly different.

> [2] Suppose I want to put 'ENUM' data type then how i can do that ..?

I think you have to create an enum type first.

> [3] Please suggest me basic Data type Comparesion between PostgreSQL and
> MySQL .. like :-
>
> PostgreSQL MySQL
> characte varying VARCHAR
> integer INT

postgres understands varchar and int as well as aliases fior the
expected types

> like that i want all the possible data type comparision.

assuming you understand mysql types already:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/interactive/datatype.html

--
⚂⚃ 100% natural