Re: BUG #5408: Failed to connect to the database

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: omar <omararidi(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #5408: Failed to connect to the database
Date: 2010-04-08 16:58:09
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 11:13 AM, omar <omararidi(at)hotmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Bug reference:      5408
> Logged by:          omar
> Email address:      omararidi(at)hotmail(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: 8.0.0
> Operating system:   XP Professional SV2
> Details:
>
> PostgreSQL 8.0.0 is one of the applications included in MoteWorks platform
> (from Crossbow Technology Inc,)
>
> I'm having difficulties installing the postgreSQL 8.0.0, & i received the
> following messeges:
>
> -Failed to connect to the database.procedural languages files are installed
> but are not activated in any database
>
> -Server closed the connection unexpectedly this probably means the server
> terminated abnormally before or while processing the request
>
> Hope you can help!

That's an ancient version of PostgreSQL and is no longer supported on
Windows, but that's not what's causing your immediate problem.
However, I think you'll need to provide some more details to have any
chance of getting useful help. Looking at your postgresql.log file
would be a good place to start. See:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Guide_to_reporting_problems

...Robert