IpcMemoryDetach fails under Cygwin on Win98

From: Jamie Walker <jamie(at)sagaxis(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: IpcMemoryDetach fails under Cygwin on Win98
Date: 2001-02-02 20:05:05
Lists: pgsql-ports
I'm frantically trying to get PostgreSQL 7.0.3 installed on my laptop so
I can work on my database while on holiday next week. I've got it to
compile fine with the latest version of Cygwin, with cygipc-1.08,
however, when I start postmaster, it fails:

$ ipc-daemon &
$ postmaster -i &
[2] 528923
$ G:\CYGW\USR\LOCAL\PGSQL\BIN\POSTGRES.EXE: *** recreate_mmaps_after_for
Startup failed - abort
NOTICE:  IpcMemoryDetach: shmdt(0x0x82f6a000): Invalid argument
NOTICE:  IpcMemoryDetach: shmdt(0x0x86ba1000): Invalid argument
NOTICE:  IpcMemoryDetach: shmdt(0x0x82c50000): Invalid argument

I have applied the patch indicated in a previous thread for cygipc, but
the error still persists. I note from the mailing list that someone has
had PostgreSQL working under Win98 before - I would be extremely
grateful if someone could help me get this working.

I can't seem to get gdb to work properly under Cygwin (would not find
the source files), so I was unable to step through the code and see what
the problem is.
Jamie Walker              "My dear boy, forget about the motivation.
jamie(at)sagaxis(dot)co(dot)uk        Just say the lines and don't trip over the  furniture."  (Noel Coward)

pgsql-ports by date

Next:From: Sylvan RavinetDate: 2001-02-02 23:56:59