Re: When to use postgreSQL

From: Lew <noone(at)lewscanon(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: When to use postgreSQL
Date: 2011-01-07 00:26:16
Lists: pgsql-novice

On 01/04/2011 10:37 AM, Man Lam wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Our company is looking into the possibility of using it.
>
> Firstly, we would like to find out what kind of applications are suitable for
> using postgreSQL. From the internet, it seems like it is good for web

It's suitable for any application that needs a database, large or small.

> development. Is it true ? And how can it benefit by it ?
> And are there other types of application which postgreSql is performing better
> than the other dbs ?

It's probably going to be roughly as fast as any general-purpose relational
database you use, if not faster, but that depends on the particular usage
patterns and how you set the tuning parameters for the various systems.

--
Lew
Ceci n'est pas une pipe.