Re: When to use postgreSQL

From: Lew <noone(at)lewscanon(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: When to use postgreSQL
Date: 2011-01-07 00:26:16
Lists: pgsql-novice
On 01/04/2011 10:37 AM, Man Lam wrote:
> Hi guys,
> Our company is looking into the possibility of using it.
> Firstly, we would like to find out what kind of applications are suitable for
> using postgreSQL. From the internet, it seems like it is good for web

It's suitable for any application that needs a database, large or small.

> development. Is it true ? And how can it benefit by it ?
> And are there other types of application which postgreSql is performing better
> than the other dbs ?

It's probably going to be roughly as fast as any general-purpose relational
database you use, if not faster, but that depends on the particular usage
patterns and how you set the tuning parameters for the various systems.

Ceci n'est pas une pipe.