Re: PSQLException: The column name <col> was not found in this ResultSet.

From: Lew <noone(at)lewscanon(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PSQLException: The column name <col> was not found in this ResultSet.
Date: 2010-11-13 00:00:33
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Kevin Grittner wrote:
> http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/util/concurrent/ConcurrentMap.html
>
>> Can you think of one that does?

Good catch. Of course, the interface cannot guarantee that any implementation
of it is thread safe, so it's more in the way of a suggestion or a request
than a contract. It does not require implementations to be thread safe.

There is, in fact, no such thing in Java as an interface that requires its
implementations to be thread safe. (There are suggested annotations that
provide some support for that, however.)

> I think the more salient point is that PostgreSQL has provided such a
> guarantee regarding its implementation of the interface.

Exactly the point I was making. It is implementations that are thread safe,
not interfaces.

--
Lew