Re: Bug in DatabaseMetaData.getColumns() with columns based on domains

From: Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bug in DatabaseMetaData.getColumns() with columns based on domains
Date: 2010-10-23 15:49:45
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Kris Jurka wrote on 23.10.2010 09:37:
> Thanks for the hint. Doing the same thing that the information_schema
> does was pretty easy. I've fixed this in CVS and I've also adjusted
> ResultSetMetaData.isNullable to have the same behavior. I've
> backpatched this to 8.4 because that's as far as was easy.
>
> Here's a jar you can test with:
>
> http://ejurka.com/pgsql/jars/domnn/

Thanks for the quick reaction. I didn't expect this to be a client-side only problem (including psql ;)
With my little example, the nullable attribute is displayed correctly with your version of the driver.

Could you also look into the values reported for the TYPE_NAME in getColumns() for domains?

I posted a bug reported that the domain's name is not fully qualified so that it's impossible to distinguish between the same domains in different schemas...

Regards
Thomas