Re: bugs that have not been replied-to on list

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Jaime Casanova <jcasanov(at)systemguards(dot)com(dot)ec>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: bugs that have not been replied-to on list
Date: 2010-04-18 21:29:44
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 23:14, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
> Jaime Casanova <jcasanov(at)systemguards(dot)com(dot)ec> writes:
>>>
>>> One of these days, I am going to write a @$#! bug tracker.
>
>> after seen the commitfest app, i can swear the bug tracker you write
>> should be cool
>
> ... actually, what about minimally modifying the commitfest app to turn
> it into a bug tracker?
>
> We keep complaining that none of the existing trackers would integrate
> well with our workflow.  ISTM what we basically need is something that
> would index the pgsql-bugs archives to show what the current open issues
> are.  The commitfest app is dang close to that already.

Let's not do that without thinking really careful about it. The
commitfest app is good at what it does precisely because it's designed
to do just that, and nothing more (or less). Twisting it into doing
other things may make things worse rather than better.

That said, basing something off the same ideas can certainly work.

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/