Re: Interpretability with xDBC specification

From: Lew <noone(at)lewscanon(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Interpretability with xDBC specification
Date: 2010-07-06 23:10:43
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Dave Cramer wrote:
> My reference was to exactly the setQueryTimeout discussion, not a
> general discussion. As Oliver pointed out, please tell us what is not
> compliant so that we can address this.
>
> It is my experience that "compliant" means the way that "XYZ" does it.
> The spec is very vague in many areas so there is lots of room for
> interpretation. This makes it difficult to be compliant.

Case in point:  The Javadocs for 'setQueryTimeout()' only promise that it will
throw 'SQLException' for an argument < 0 or for a query that exceeds its
timeout, not that it will not throw 'SQLException' for an argument >= 0.
Therefore one could argue that the method as implemented does comply.

--
Lew