Re: Problem with creating language by JDBC

From: Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem with creating language by JDBC
Date: 2010-06-25 06:40:12
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

MD, 25.06.2010 05:10:
>>> I was trying to create language by execute() or executeUpdate(). But the
>>> call always fails with message as
>>
>>> problem running SQL query: CREATE TRUSTED PROCEDURAL LANGUAGE 'plpgsql'
>>> HANDLER plpgsql_call_handler
>>> .An I/O error occured while sending to the backend.
>>
>>> Following is a snippet of the Java code I have, which works with
>>> creating database, executing other queries:
>>
>> Did you try to use a regular statement, instead of a PreparedStatement?
>>

> I just tried with the regular statement, got the same failure.

That's strange, the following works fine for me:

Class.forName("org.postgresql.Driver");
con = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:postgresql://localhost/postgres", "postgres", "postgres");
stmt = con.createStatement();
stmt.executeUpdate("CREATE TRUSTED PROCEDURAL LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' HANDLER plpgsql_call_handler");

I think it is not related to the way you run this from Java, but something else, and the "I/O error" seems to indicate that.

Regards
Thomas