working with big text fields

From: Alex Ott <ott(at)jet(dot)msk(dot)su>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: working with big text fields
Date: 2004-08-03 05:48:50
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Hello all

I need to work with text field of big size - i want to index different
documents with tsearch2 and store their text parts in postgresql.

Is exists interface, that allow me working with text field as with blob? Or
i must use ordinary insert/update commands for insert large portions of

In oracle we heavy use clob field for this task, but in pgsql no such
interface, only ordinary insert/update commands.

With best wishes, Alex Ott
Jet Infosystems,
                       +7 (095) 411 76 01

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: Roman LuchyshynDate: 2004-08-04 10:11:19