Driver not returning the type for TYPEs

From: Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Driver not returning the type for TYPEs
Date: 2010-03-07 21:45:49
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi,

I just noticed a minor glitchin the driver (8.4)

When creating types using e.g.:

CREATE TYPE my_tabpe AS (some_data varchar(100));

DatabaseMetaData.getTables() will return that type, but the value for the column TABLE_TYPE is null.

I think if the driver returns non-table objects (which is fine, a lot of drivers are doing that), the TABLE_TYPE column of the result set should contain a proper value.

Regards
Thomas