Re: BUG #5147: DBA can not access view

From: "hx(dot)li" <fly2nn(at)126(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #5147: DBA can not access view
Date: 2009-10-30 06:32:07
Lists: pgsql-bugs
In document<SQL Commands --- grant>, it said:

It should be noted that database superusers can access all objects
regardless of object privilege settings. This is comparable to the rights of
root in a Unix system. As with root, it's unwise to operate as a superuser
except when absolutely necessary.

But Dongni's test case:

postgres=> reset session authorization;
RESET
postgres=# select * from view1; -- it is superuser, should access all
objects.
ERROR:  permission denied for relation tb2
postgres=# select * from tb2;
---
(0 rows)

So I think it should not have a permission error when run "select * from
view1".

Maybe I have a misconception for superuser?

regards, hx.li