Re: Time-based trigger/procedure

From: Jasen Betts <jasen(at)xnet(dot)co(dot)nz>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Time-based trigger/procedure
Date: 2009-04-19 11:08:47
Lists: pgsql-novice

On 2009-04-09, André Silva <andre(dot)beat(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> --0015174c0df051ba710467141cad
>
> I have a table that defines a programmed service that does something
> automatically every time interval (days, weeks, months) from a beginning
> date to a ending date.
> How can I do this in postgresql? I have no access to the OS,
> so cron is not an option.

timed events need OS support.

what do you have access to ?
If you have shell access to the server
(or the ability to execute scripts on it) you can use the crontab
command to create cron tasks that run in your name

else you may need to set up a cron job on some other server that
connects to your database and runs the stuff for you.