Fix for regression caused by heap tuple header changes

From: Manfred Koizar <mkoi-pg(at)aon(dot)at>
To: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Fix for regression caused by heap tuple header changes
Date: 2002-07-16 13:56:04
Lists: pgsql-patches

This patch fixes a regression caused by my recent changes to heap
tuple header. The fix is based on the thought that HEAP_MOVED_IN is
not needed any more as soon as HEAP_XMIN_COMMITTED has been set. So
in tqual.c and vacuum.c the HEAP_MOVED bits are cleared when
HEAP_XMIN_COMMITTED is set.

Vacuum robustness is enhanced by rearranging ifs, so that we have a
chance to elog(ERROR, ...) before an assertion fails.

A new regression test is included.

Servus
Manfred

Attachment Content-Type Size