Re: autovacuum running even when not set in config?

From: Aldor <aldnin(at)yahoo(dot)de>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: autovacuum running even when not set in config?
Date: 2007-12-16 20:07:40
Lists: pgsql-admin

Well, the database is also showing a hint when less then 9 million
transactions are available - and this hint is telling us to vacuum
the whole database.

If, vacuum the whole database, would take days (quite unsure how
many days sometimes) is it possible to find out manually which
tables originally need a vacuum or is the xid wraparound problem
database wide so we MUST vacuum the whole database?

The automatic startup of autovacuum in this cases is really good,
but we would like to manage vacuum by ourself, especially WHEN it is
running, because we have different load times on different database
servers depending on time zones and the users using it.