Re: Cannot kill autovacuum

From: Aldor <aldnin(at)yahoo(dot)de>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Cannot kill autovacuum
Date: 2007-12-04 19:37:28
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hint: When turning configuration for autovacuum to minimal settings
they are recognized by the autovacuum process started from
postmaster. The setting "autovacuum = off" - which I tried to put
also into other areas of the conf file (to avoid that it is maybe
not parsed corretly) - is not recognized. I also checked pg_settings
and autovacuum is "off" - I also tried it with "false" - no change.

The autovacuum process is always started some seconds after
postmaster is started.

I can see in the pg_stat_activity that autovacuum is doing some
VACUUM on some of this tables.

Any hint what I can try to disable autovacuum?