backup/restore buttons deactivated

From: Christian Sengstock <csengstock(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: backup/restore buttons deactivated
Date: 2005-11-18 10:26:30
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,
i have a problem with pgadminIII 1.2.2 (deb build) on debian. I access
a remote postgres database (8.0.3) on linux.

the "Tools->Backup" and "Tools->Restore" functionality is always
deactivated! Doesn't matter where i am in the database tree.

About my system:
* I don't have a local postgres database installed on my machine where
the pgadminIII client is running.
* The "/usr/pgsql/bin" directory on the remote linux machine is not in the path.

could one of these be the reason for my problem? i can't install a
local postgres db on my machine where pgadmin is running, nor can i
change the path on the remote linux machine.

or am i just missing a silly thing!?

thanks,
chris