Automatic cast

From: "Alexandre de Arruda Paes" <adaldeia(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Automatic cast
Date: 2006-05-18 22:11:35
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi,

I have a problem and I want know if this can be solved in the jdbc driver.
Our company develop softwares using a CASE Tool caled Genexus. The
SQL sintaxe are not changeable and they have a big problem: the querys
aren't casted.

SELECT field from table where field=10

If the field are int2 or int8, PostgreSQL don't use indexes (its
converts the value 10 to int4).
Can I put an implicit (automatic) cast (' ' - apostrofes) in the SQL
sintaxes passed throught JDBC ???

Thanks and sorry if this is a stupid question ... :)