Shared Buffer setting in postgresql.conf

From: "Radhika S" <radhika(dot)sambamurti(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Shared Buffer setting in postgresql.conf
Date: 2007-10-09 20:12:56
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi,
Along with my previous message (slow postgres), I notice the shared buffer
setting for our production database is set to 1000.
How much higher can I go? I don't know how much my kernel can take?

I am running postgres 7.4.6 on Redhat enterprise 3 server.

Thanks,
Radhika

--
It is all a matter of perspective. You choose your view by choosing where to
stand. --Larry Wall