Re: Re: [GENERAL] Looking for Graphical people for PostgreSQL tradeshow signage

From: nhrcommu(at)rochester(dot)rr(dot)com
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: [GENERAL] Looking for Graphical people for PostgreSQL tradeshow signage
Date: 2007-06-19 22:13:29
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-general

OK. She's in and may subscribe so I don't need to act as interpreter.

She is a designer -- so a handful of concise keywords for the desired
message would be helpful. Also - her comment, after having read the specs:

"W/ that signage set-up they've chosen, they seriously should just
consider a bold colored/big logo/big name graphics. I designed a booth
for Brooks Stevens for a major house wares show and one thing I've
learned is that people overdo their booth/exhibit design. It ends up
cluttered and visually noisy. And when you have a thousand booths with
cluttered multicolored "stuff", to stand out you need to take a bold and
clean approach. It's not about how many colors/gradients/fonts you can
cram in a square foot, it's about stating your identity loud and clear. "

Thanks,
Mike Ellsworth