Re: Application Design: Where to implement historical revisions of objects

From: "Colin Ross" <colinross(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Michelle Konzack" <linux4michelle(at)freenet(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Application Design: Where to implement historical revisions of objects
Date: 2007-05-25 18:07:24
Lists: pgsql-php

But in the one-table holds all system, the Model Object need to know about
it.
i.e. "Select top 1 from data where serialnumber = 3821 order by revision
desc"
And off hand, it would make retrieving a whole data set of say- all the
current data involve a subquery to find the most recent data revision for
each serialnumber.

I don't at all mean to discount the system, but I have yet to find a good
pattern for dealing with multiple variants of the same datarow/set.

Colin