building GIST indexes on Complex data type

From: Mogin Mohandas <moginmo(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: building GIST indexes on Complex data type
Date: 2005-12-04 10:02:05
Lists: pgsql-ports
Hi all
            I ran the eg code under src/tutorial and also ran the sql
functions to create a new data type called COMPLEX in Postgres. Now I want
to make a GIST index on complex. I just changed the code slightly by
replacing the data type to complex in one of the files which had code for
creating a GIST index on a built-in data type. When I compile it gives
errors such as:
  Parse error before Complex...
  etc
Does anybody have any experience with adding a new data type and creating
GIST indexes on that. If so , please reply..
 Thanks in advance
  Mogin

pgsql-ports by date

Next:From: Ilias GoudaropoulosDate: 2005-12-04 12:33:35