Re: WAPP - Can't connect to PostgreSQL using PHP

From: "Chandra ASGI Tech" <chandraasgi(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Jason Minion" <jason(dot)minion(at)sigler(dot)com>
Cc: Brew <brew(at)themode(dot)com>, "roche magsayo" <rtmsoft(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: WAPP - Can't connect to PostgreSQL using PHP
Date: 2008-06-25 15:31:56
Lists: pgsql-php

Hi,

I am using WAMPServer 2 (http://www.wampserver.com/en/index.php) - which
provides a good development environment for Windows based Apache - PHP. It
allows you to install almost all the existing releases(
http://www.wampserver.com/en/add-ons.php) of Apache, PHP (and MySQL) and
configure them easily - so that you can enable the MySQL or PgSQL modules as
you want in your PHP extensions.

I have PostgreSQL 8.2.4 and WampServer2 (Apache 2.2.6 and PHP 5.2.5)
installed on my XP laptop and it works fine. I also use phppgadmin (http://
sourceforge*.*net/projects/phppgadmin<http://sourceforge.net/projects/phppgadmin>)
which
is similar to but not as much userfriendly (atleast) like phpmyadmin.

Though I have not used myself, I still know that WampServer allows you to
install * any number of * latest releases of Apache and PHP and configure
and switch between them.

Thanks and Regards,
Chandra-ASGI