Re: ERROR: table row type and query-specified row type do not match

From: Patryk Kordylewski <pk(at)imos(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ERROR: table row type and query-specified row type do not match
Date: 2007-08-31 07:05:36
Lists: pgsql-general

Patryk Kordylewski wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> we are running PostgreSQL 8.2.4.
>
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Patryk Kordylewski <pk(at)imos(dot)net> writes:
>>> can someone help/explain me why i get this error when i try to make
>>> an update on that view? It seems that something is wrong with the
>>> subselect.
>>> http://fooby.imosnet.de/error.txt
>>
>> AFAICT, this works for me, so either you left something important out of
>> your example or you're looking at an already-fixed bug. What PG version
>> is that?
>>
>> regards, tom lane

>> TIP 3: Have you checked our extensive FAQ?
>>
>> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq

I made a test-case which is not working for me. Perhaps something wrong
with the SELECT DISTINCT ON () syntax when i specify more then 1 column?

At first this was working when i specified only one column in the SELECT
DISTINCT ON-clause, then i inserted a dummy column "second_distinct" and
put it into the clause and it's not working anymore.

PG Version: 8.2.4

http://fooby.imosnet.de/not_working.txt

Thanks for help,
Patryk