Re: connect by service name in psql

From: "Stuart" <smcg2297(at)frii(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: connect by service name in psql
Date: 2007-08-25 01:35:59
Lists: pgsql-general

"Stuart" wrote in message news:fanpne$n01$1(at)sea(dot)gmane(dot)org:
> I can't find an option in psql to connect to a database
> by "service" name? Should there be one?

Sorry for folowing up my own post but since I got asked in
email, and since I wrote code to do essentially the same thing
before noticing it in the PG docs...

By "service" I am refering to the pg_service.conf file described in
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/libpq-connect.html
(see the "service" parameter) and
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/libpq-pgservice.html