Re: pgAgent "new step" fails for batch jobs in pgAdmin3 1.10.0 Beta 2

From: Kevin Field <kevinjamesfield(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgAgent "new step" fails for batch jobs in pgAdmin3 1.10.0 Beta 2
Date: 2009-05-04 17:31:44
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

> INSERT INTO pgagent.pga_jobstep (jstid, jstjobid, jstname, jstdesc,
> jstenabled, jstkind, jstonerror, jstcode, jstdbname, jstconnstr)
> SELECT <StpId>, 5, E'C:\\mybat.bat', '', true, 'b', 'f', E'C:\
> \mybat.bat', , ;

Also that <StpId> is a problem if you try to copy this out and run the
query manually, which I had to do because when I unchecked "read only"
and edited it to get rid of the last two parameters, I got the same
error message about commas, leading me to think that what I saw on the
screen was not what actually got sent to the db server by pgAdmin (so
I'm not sure what the benefit is to being able to edit it there, if
you have to open a query window to actually execute your edited
version anyway.) But when I took out "jstid, " and "<StpId>, " in
addition, it worked.

Forgot to mention, I'm on win32.