Postgre Deployment and Installation options

From: J Ottery <jottery(at)becsystems(dot)com(dot)au>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgre Deployment and Installation options
Date: 2008-05-20 08:14:21
Lists: pgsql-general

I am trying to distribute PostgreSQL with my applications but and need
to simplify the installation procedure as much as possible for obvious
reasons.

Installing it to Windows environments only.

Currently I prompt the end user to just start the postgre-8.3.msi
install from an icon.

This however requires them to enter a password of MY choosing (at
minimum) and also to uncheck the "Launch Stack Builder" check box
(which I don't want them to install).

I know these steps are simple but am dealing with sub-simple people
here and I want to avoid having to provide un-necessry support.

Question is: Can the Installation/Setup procedure be configured so
they don't have to do these steps, or even so that they don't see any
dialog windows at all?

Are there command line options or utilities to install it in a Windows
environment that will serve this purpose?

TIA