Service start up error "The service name is invalid net helpmsg 2185"

From: Ed Hudspeth <nnpa(dot)gis(at)googlemail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Service start up error "The service name is invalid net helpmsg 2185"
Date: 2009-03-18 15:02:07
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi

Don't know if this is the correct forum for this, if not please point me in
the correct direction but have installed 8.3.6.1 in a windows 2003 64 bit
server, in the default directories for the program files, data on a
seperate drive, set up postgres as a local user with admin rights, but when
come to start the service get the following error. "The service name is
invalid net helpmsg 2185" I cannot find any service relating to postgresql
on the service list for the server. I have tried to start this both logged
on as the admin account for the server and as the postgres local account.

Any ideas please as to where I am going wrong

Thanks
Tim