Re: Audio & Video?

From: Guido Barosio <gbarosio(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Gavin M(dot) Roy" <gmr(at)ehpg(dot)net>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Audio & Video?
Date: 2009-02-12 00:07:02
Lists: pgsql-www

IMHO if this comes from *PUG, then that *PUG should take the call and
sort this out with their resources.

After that, a ping to -advocacy and maybe -www in order to let the
community know that things are in place.

/* capacity planning */
Otherwise:
- we are facing a big amount of media heading *.postgresql.org sooner or later.
- postgresql.org resources will be assigned to keep this. /*
sysadmins running against nagios complaining about space, for instance
*/

I do support and appreciate Josh's work, in fact the idea and effort
rock. But I am a bit concerned on how to handle future situations. If
this grows we are gonna face a big problem. One single meeting created
100mb. How many meetings / events / talks are we planning to store? I
do have the BsAs December talks still in HD, ~ 1gb of media.

Another point of view could be the fact that "spreading the bytes"
helps the project advocacy because of the single fact that more sites
contain postgresql content.

2 cents and nothing more than that, please feel free to tag this as a
stupid mail.

gb.-