Re: FOSDEM 2008 - Devroom and booth

From: "Guido Barosio" <gbarosio(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Gregory Stark" <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: "Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum" <adsmail(at)wars-nicht(dot)de>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: FOSDEM 2008 - Devroom and booth
Date: 2007-12-24 15:04:43
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Sorry for the delay on my answer guys, I've lost this thread as my
inbox becomes gigasized :)

I will be presenting (if everyone agrees) a SWOT analysis comparing
MySQL and PostgreSQL. I've already done this three times at
universities here in Argentina and went smoothly without problems.

What I couldn't find is the schedule, I will be at mexico during
january and probably the US during febraury. Any ideas?

On Dec 1, 2007 7:59 AM, Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
> "Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum" <adsmail(at)wars-nicht(dot)de> writes:
> > We have around 9 slots to fill, a bit more, if we have some 15 min
> > talks. Update me please, if you want to give another talk.
> Will MySQL be there? I wonder if we could get someone from each side and do a
> MySQL v Postgres shootout. Perhaps in the form of some kind of academic debate
> or something with 30s per side back and forth...
> It would be terrible from a traditional marketing point of view (it would end
> up being mostly "look at all the terrible things the other guy does"). But I'm
> sure it would be a crowd pleaser and it's the kind of thing Open Source can do
> openly in good humour that proprietary software does with malice behind closed
> doors.
> --
>   Gregory Stark
>   EnterpriseDB
>   Ask me about EnterpriseDB's On-Demand Production Tuning
>        match

Guido Barosio