Re: Mirroring PostgreSQL related content

From: "Guido Barosio" <gbarosio(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <jnasby(at)pervasive(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Mirroring PostgreSQL related content
Date: 2006-04-21 20:49:38
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Elein,

I agree and I strongly believe it was and remains the idea. (to let
the contributor inform and authorize about a certain document, keeping
the hits/credits on the contributor side).

What about creating a form to save  the authors, urls and a short
description, letting the comunity create their own entries,  saving
information in a /the database and regularly cronchecking these
objects to avoid 404's ? This should be managed and authorized by
someone tho. Wondering, moderators?

I can do that,  php / perl based. (form php, cron job running a perl
script, using lwp or alike).

g.-

----

Talking bout link checkers, I used the w3 web based one, which created
a good report about the situation. Anyway, what I did was to confirm
that these are broken links, and not syntax mistakes, wrong urls. That
report is attached as a .zip

g.-