Re: Domain conference.postgresql.org requested

From: Guido Barosio <gbarosio(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Domain conference.postgresql.org requested
Date: 2006-01-13 22:41:02
Lists: pgsql-www

Well, I am probably missing too much (dunno about the tech resources and
cost for the case), and you will probably be surprised on my post to the
thread, but:

1) conference.postgresql.org seems much more easy to remember than
www.postg....
(which has no sense if the site is temporary)

2) Google (and alike ones) will obviously index this documents, so, if *we*
set this as a subdomain, and then will switch it off, we'll have 404 GET
shit, when, if *we* use a www.postgre..../conference kind of site, then we
could easily redirect those hits to the main site, without paying an extra
for a subdomain.

My 2 cents, if they count go to the site/conference case.

Every little helps, and please avoid this post if I am being silly >:}

G.-

--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign .
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail .