Re: PostgreSQL and Ultrasparc T1

From: Jignesh Shah <J(dot)K(dot)Shah(at)Sun(dot)COM>
To: Luke Lonergan <llonergan(at)greenplum(dot)com>
Cc: Juan Casero <caseroj(at)comcast(dot)net>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL and Ultrasparc T1
Date: 2005-12-19 19:29:58
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi Luke,

I have gone to the max with 4 fibers on Sun Fire T2000. But I am not sure about the answers that you asked. Let me see if I can get answers for them. I am going to try to max out the IO on these systems with 8 fibers as soon as I get additional storage so stay tuned for that.

By the way you don't have to wait for my tests. Just get a trial server and try it on your own. If you don't like it return it.

https://www.sun.com/emrkt/trycoolthreads/contactme.html

Check out Jonathan's blog for more details http://blogs.sun.com/jonathan

However if you do try it with PostgreSQL, do let me know also with your experience.

Regards,
Jignesh