Database normalization

From: "Sid 'Neko Tamashii'" <gatoelho(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Database normalization
Date: 2008-05-06 11:06:39
Lists: pgsql-sql

Is this model (Symfony's YML based) wrong based on normalization?

propel:
> client:
> client_id: {type: integer}
>
> foo:
> client_id: {type: integer, foreignTable: client, foreignReference: client_id}
> foo_id: {type: integer}
>
> bar:
> client_id: {type: integer, foreignTable: client, foreignReference: client_id}
> bar_id: {type: integer}
>
> foobar:
> client_id: {type: integer}
> foo_id: {type: integer}
> bar_id: {type: integer}
> _foreignKeys:
> fk_foo:
> foreignTable: foo
> references:
> fk_bar:
> foreignTable: bar
> references:

The full discussion can be found at
http://www.symfony-project.org/forum/index.php/t/12807/

All I want is the best option, but not based in common sense, but in rules,
cause after a lot of discussions I found this way better than the usual one.