Connecting between Postgres(linux) and Access97

From: "David Sturtevant" <damagedcasesoftware(at)googlemail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Connecting between Postgres(linux) and Access97
Date: 2006-11-02 12:26:03
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hello,

I am looking for help/advice about connecting postgresql(ver 8.1.4) located
on suse10.1 and an Access97 database located on windows 2000 service pack 4,
using using python 2.4.2 which is located on the same suse10.1 box as the
postgres database

I have looked into ways to connect these systems, and I am having trouble
connecting to the Access97 database.

I have tried adodb for python, utilizing mxodbc and iODBC, and mounting the
folder that the Access database is located on using a samba mount; but on
searching through the adodb docs it turns out that this only works on a
Windows machine (so I believe). Can anyone recommend a way for me to carry
this out? I found a project called mdbtools, that used to be associated
with UNIXODBC but this appears to be a stopped project that finished before
they achieved write capabilities to the mdb file. (and the UNIXODBC project
only has software that comes with 30days evaluation to achieve this now).

I am new to this type of work and any feedback would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks

David James