VACUUM vs auto-vacuum daemon

From: "Sabin Coanda" <sabin(dot)coanda(at)deuromedia(dot)ro>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: VACUUM vs auto-vacuum daemon
Date: 2007-06-12 15:54:12
Lists: pgsql-performance
Hi there,

Using explicitly VACUUM command give me the opportunity to fine tune my
VACUUM scheduling parameters, after I analyze the log generated by VACUUM
VERBOSE.

On the other hand I'd like to use the auto-vacuum mechanism because of its
facilities. Unfortunately, after I made some initial estimations for
autovacuum_naptime, and I set the specific data into pg_autovacuum table, I
have not a feedback from the auto-vacuum mechanism to check that it works
well or not.  It would be nice to have some kind of log similar with the one
generated by VACUUM VERBOSE. Is the auto-vacuum mechanism able to provide
such a useful log ?

TIA,
Sabin

pgsql-performance by date

Next:From: Tyrrill, EdDate: 2007-06-12 15:56:24