Re: Roadmap for pgAdmin3 on OSX

From: Chris Campbell <chris(at)bignerdranch(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Roadmap for pgAdmin3 on OSX
Date: 2005-04-14 02:42:53
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
On Apr 13, 2005, at 07:05, Florian G. Pflug wrote:

> Be sure to include fix by "Stefan Csomor":
> ---------------
> as I don't have a buildable situation for pgadmin on my system, could
> you please try out whether adding
>
> DoSetWindowVariant( m_windowVariant) ;
>
> in toplevel.cpp line 1204 , just in front of the m_macFocus = NULL ;
> -----------------

What does this fix?

I successfully built pgadmin3-1.2.1 and wxMac-2.5.5 just by following
the instructions on the pgadmin web page. I had to add a few things to
the LIBS=... line in pgadmin3/src/Makefile and make a bundle directory
structure and Info.plist for the resulting binary, but otherwise it
worked beautifully out of the box.

Then I checked out pgadmin3 HEAD and built it with --enable-appbundle,
and I still had to modify the LIBS=... line a bit in
pgadmin3/src/Makefile, but otherwise it was a clean build.

The only issue I'm having is the widget sizing. It seems like the
windows are too small for the widgets inside them. Does Stefan's
one-liner fix address this problem? Or is it addressing something else?

Thanks! Looking good!

- Chris