Re: ERROR: invalid input syntax for integer: ""

From: "Pit M(dot)" <fmi-soft(at)gmx(dot)de>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ERROR: invalid input syntax for integer: ""
Date: 2007-05-23 15:31:38
Lists: pgsql-bugs
> It would have failed if you had run the cursor far enough to fetch one
> of the bad rows.
>
> 			regards, tom lane

The difference is that in one case the query fails and in the other the
FETCH command fails.

Our problem is that if a query succeeds we use a count(*) of that query
to display the result count in the status bar of our application - the
select works but the count(*) fails :-)
When we use this query on MS SQL-Server the query fails directly though
we also use cursors here. So the SQL-Server somehow checks all the data
only for the query -> perhaps because we used a server side cursor.

Will there be any improvements with cursors in PG 8.3?

Thanks a lot tom