migrating from 8.1.x to 8.2

From: Anj Adu <fotographs(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: migrating from 8.1.x to 8.2
Date: 2009-07-20 18:33:05
Lists: pgsql-admin

We plan to migrate from 8.1.X to 8.2 . I understand that XID
wraparound has changed with the 8.2 release (maintained per table
versus entire database). XID wraparound is important for us as we have
large databases (800Gb +) and also use lot of partitioned inherited
tables.

Is XID tracking done per inherited table (independent of parent?) ...
If a parent table is just a dummy to implement partition..do we need
to worry about XID wraparound for this table (assuming no data makes
it to this physical table)