Question on returning Rows in a stored proc

From: Richard Sickler <richard(dot)sickler(at)avagotech(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Question on returning Rows in a stored proc
Date: 2009-03-24 17:08:21
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,

I'm new to pl/pgsql and while exploring the world of writing stored procs, I
came up with a question that I hope some kind person can help me with,
namely, how does one return a bunch of rows?
>From the examples that I've found on the web, I can return and integer, a
real, etc. But if I wanted to return the results of something like a query,
(e.g. SELECT * FROM foo), how would I do that?

Rich