Re: BUG #2260: PGCrypto Memory Problem

From: Daniel Blaisdell <lunk(dot)djedi(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #2260: PGCrypto Memory Problem
Date: 2006-02-15 19:37:51
Lists: pgsql-bugs
I appreciate you guys looking at this bug. Taking Tom's suggestion that it
might be a system crypt implementation issue I upgraded OpenSSL from 0.9.7eto
0.9.7i. I also upgraded any other libraries that were installed with the
word crypt.

After running ldconfig I then recompiled Postgres 8.1.2 againt the newly
installed libraries and ended up with the same results.  Michael's
standalone testcase was blowing up the memory usage very quickly.

I did notice as I was doing more testing that if i disconnect my client
after running subsequent queries that the memory usage drops due to the
server process getting killed.

Other Possibly Useful info:
CFLAGS="-O3 -march=pentium4 -pipe"
MAKEOPTS="-j3"

I'm going to try compiling with the -ssl USE flag set to avoid any external
libraries and attempt to duplicate this bug. I'll let you know what results
I find.

-Daniel