Call for articles for Fall Issue of Open Source Database Magazine

From: "Keith Murphy" <editor(at)osdbzine(dot)net>
To: pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Call for articles for Fall Issue of Open Source Database Magazine
Date: 2009-10-01 18:28:22
Lists: pgsql-announce

Hello everyone,

I wanted to take a minute and extend an invitation to anyone who has
interest in writing about PosgreSQL or other open source database servers.

July brought the first issue of Open Source Database Magazine and it was a
resounding success. Our download count has skyrocketed. I was blown away
when I checked my stats after the first two days of release and there were
almost three times as many downloads as I had ever had of any of the
previous issues of MySQL Magazine. Thanks to those who participated by
contributing articles; I couldn't have done it without you. The feedback I
have received is that the change in direction has been embraced by the
open source database community.

I am making multiple changes in the magazine but the one that will
directly affect authors is that I am increasing the payment for articles.
All the details about the coming changes are on an OSDB Magazine blog post
here: http://www.osdbzine.net/wordpress/?p=3

I need to hear from you by October the 5th with any proposals and the
article needs to be completed and turned in by October the 30th.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Keith Murphy

--
Editor