query manipulation

From: Randall Smith <randall(at)tnr(dot)cc>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: query manipulation
Date: 2007-03-19 20:19:51
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
I'm trying to find a way to manipulate some poorly written queries in
which I don't have access to the application source.  I can't do it at
the Postgresql server, so I'm thinking of attacking it at the jdbc driver.

I was thinking of a wrapper that would look at and alter the SQL before
it went to the server.  Anyone know of something like this?
Specifically, I'm trying to drop "FOR UPDATE column name" off of some
queries.  They were written for Oracle, but Postgresql uses "FOR UPDATE
table name".  I'm not a Java programmer, but I won't let that stop me if
it is required.

Randall

pgsql-jdbc by date

Next:From: Randall SmithDate: 2007-03-19 20:35:02