Re: Curious Join issue causing an E_FAIL error (with odbc

From: Stijn Vanroye <s(dot)vanroye(at)easytowork(dot)nl>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Curious Join issue causing an E_FAIL error (with odbc
Date: 2006-11-13 08:42:44
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Tom Lane schreef:
> Well, that could be a driver bug, but you'll need to put together a
> self-contained test case if you want anyone to look very hard for it.
Tom, what is desirable for the people on the list in terms of a
self-containted test case? Any specific requirements conscerning the
set-up or output of the test case?

Hiroshi Inoue schreef:
> Could you show me the whole code ?

This is not a query I wrote, so I haven't looked into why everyting is
as it is. In the select are some commented lines. That's the interesting
region, as well as the related left joins. I can't post all the table
definitions, but if you have a question about a field type or such, just
ask.

select
dbu_field.field_id,
dbu_field.fieldname,
dbu_field.length,
dbu_field."precision",
dbu_field.lookupclass_id,
dbu_field.lookupkeyfield_id,
dbu_field.lookupvaluefield_id,
dbu_field.agtype_id,
dbu_field.sql_filter,
dbu_field.sql_code,
lookupobject.classname as lookupobject,
lookuptable.tablename as lookuptable,
--original line
--lookuptable.table_id as lookuptable_id,
--new line
lookupobject.table_id as lookuptable_id,
lookupkeyfield.fieldname as lookupkeyfield,
lookupvaluefield.fieldname as lookupvaluefield,
agtype.description as agtype
from
dbu_field
left join dbu_class as lookupobject on
(dbu_field.lookupclass_id=lookupobject.class_id)
left join dbu_table as lookuptable on
(lookupobject.table_id=lookuptable.table_id)
left join dbu_field as lookupkeyfield on
(lookupkeyfield.field_id=dbu_field.lookupkeyfield_id)
left join dbu_field as lookupvaluefield on
(lookupvaluefield.field_id=dbu_field.lookupvaluefield_id)
left join dbu_agtype as agtype on (agtype.agtype_id=dbu_field.agtype_id)
where
dbu_field.class_id=123
order by
dbu_field.fieldorder;