pl/R and MacOS x

From: Sean Davis <sdavis2(at)mail(dot)nih(dot)gov>
To: pgsql-interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pl/R and MacOS x
Date: 2005-04-19 11:26:58
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I am interested in using pl/R with MacOS X. I have seen
bits-and-pieces of how to make this work, but I haven't been able to
reconstruct the process totally. For starters, it looks like R is not
built with a static shared library, just the dylib. Can someone who
has successfully completed the process (I know there are some!) let me
know what steps worked? One option is to install R from source and
build a full shared library, but I have struggled through that in the
past on OS X and would like to avoid it if possible. I will
simultaneously post this to the R list in a more general framework.

Thanks for any insight.

Sean