Re: Off-site storage for PITR logs

From: Koichi Suzuki <koichi(dot)szk(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Nicos Panayides <nicos(at)magneta(dot)com(dot)cy>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Off-site storage for PITR logs
Date: 2010-03-13 00:53:45
Lists: pgsql-admin

Sorry for that. The bug was incorrect calculation of XNOOP record
size in GiST WAL when incremental log is created from the full backup.
Because the bug impact is so serious, I'm rebuilding the test
environment which is taking long. I'll report the cause of the bug
to hackers and bugs.

If GiST is not used, WAL compression works correctly but I'm not
comfortable to use lesslog with known bug.

Koichi Suzuki