Re: Latest ODBC driver? / lo (blob) problem with fieldtype

From: Stijn Vanroye <s(dot)vanroye(at)easytowork(dot)nl>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Latest ODBC driver? / lo (blob) problem with fieldtype
Date: 2006-08-30 08:59:55
Lists: pgsql-odbc
I have installed the 08.02.0002 snapshot after uninstalling the 08.01.
It looks like the problem is now solved. Not only do the Delphi ADO
components recognize my lo field as TBlobField, but it even works within
a transaction (which is nice because we had some problems there in the
past).

I did check the 7.4+ protocol option, which was enabled. If anyone needs
it or has a similar problem, I can post my connection settings (since
they seem to work), just let me know.

As I understood the 08.02 branch is going stable in the near future. So
before going into production with this I'll be anctiously waiting for
that to happen. Escpecially because Dave said the driver name will
change before the release.
Quote Dave Page: "Note that the driver name will probably change before
release, but will be set in stone once the first 08.02 stable release is
out."

Thanks for the reply's. I'm a happy developper again, I can finally
ditch the MSSQL Desktop backend ;)

Regards,

Stijn Vanroye.