ODBC connection string

From: "Biswajit Bardalai" <bisbar(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ODBC connection string
Date: 2006-08-08 21:19:39
Lists: pgsql-odbc

I'm using the following connection string to programatically link PostgreSQL
tables to MS Access.

strConn="ODBC;DRIVER={PostgreSQL};DATABASE=myDb;SERVER= ;" & _
& _

    Dim tdf As TableDef

    Set tdf = db.CreateTableDef(clients, dbAttachSavePWD, public.clients,
    db.TableDefs.Append tdf

I can create the linked tables and insert rows into them. The problem is
tables without primary keys cannot be updated, though an insert is okay.

However, tables linked through a system DSN, have no updation problem. Is
there an error in the connection string? Where can one find the complete
list of parameters?

I don't want to create a DSN as I intend to distribute the Access file and
don't want savvy users to be able to access the tables through the DSN. I'm
not keen on creating a primary key for every table, either.

Is there a solution to this problem? Been looking for a one for several

FYI, the PostgreSQL ODBC driver version is:

Call Toronto free:
Free SMS:

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: greg.campbellDate: 2006-08-08 22:10:05