Re: schema design question

From: "mark overmeer" <markovermeer(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "David Fetter" <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: schema design question
Date: 2007-08-19 20:13:08
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi,

2007/8/19, Steinar H. Gunderson <sgunderson(at)bigfoot(dot)com>:

> As a general database design paradigm, though, I fully agree with you.
> Databases are databases, not glorified OO data stores or hash tables.

I don't want to use it as an OO data store, I use the filesystem for that.
The intended use is to search for the right object. Since it has separate
data structures for searching (indexes) I guess that is one of its
functions.

However, it still doesn't answer my question about the EV model (where each
attribute is given its own table).

Mark

/* Steinar */