Re: Setting bigger OS cache on Windows server

From: "Lukas" <Lukas(at)fmf(dot)vtu(dot)lt>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Setting bigger OS cache on Windows server
Date: 2011-12-05 22:57:55
Lists: pgsql-novice

 well, according the document it is not like that:
"It's likely you will have to increase the amount of memory your operating
system allows you to allocate at once..."
 I understand it as I need to set that value somewhere in OS..?
 I have problem, that our database is big, server has 4GB of ram, and
about 70% of ram is free... At the same time I have some 20-30 busy
connections to Postgres, and it works slow... For me seems like tunable